Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Process: Step 3 (final highlights)

The last step utilizes the top layer to create the finishing highlights and details. Keep in mind that painting over the drawing will cover lines and texture. It's perfect for achieving highlights and areas that need to really pop out. Really only a few touches, but it usually makes a world of difference.
Since most of my color work lies underneath the drawing, the top layer looks something like this:




And here's the final:




So that's it. My process. So far.


I'm sure (and hope) that it will continue to change and evolve. This weekend I think I'm going to play around with other ways of achieving line besides the pencil. Scratchboard and maybe even some woodcutting...



2 comments:

  1. Amazing tut with an incredible degree of 'real media realism' in the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Jennifer! I would have never guessed this was Photoshop! Beautiful, girl.

    ReplyDelete